Monday, March 16, 2009

Couch Potato

We had our yard sale, for a couple of hours anyway.  I remembered how much I can't stand to have yard sales, seeing people go through your  junk precious memories is not fun and I can't stand to haggle with people.  Luckily my husband was able to be home for the morning and he did most of the work.  It did start to rain on us and we had a low turn out, but did make some money and get rid of some of the stuff, so I am calling it successful.  We simply put it in the bedroom and will drag it out one more Saturday.  So I am hoping for good weather this Saturday.  Then it is off to some sort of donation center.  
My husband also got most of the nursery cleaned out.  He moved the office into the spare room and hung shelves back up and now we just have to get the very cute bedding cleaned and furniture put back together.  
I really tried to take it easy this weekend.  The monkeys went with me Friday  morning to get my hair done and they were fantastic.  I was very proud of how well behaved they were - I still tipped more than usual just because I was happy not to have any crap about bringing a 3 and 4 year old to the salon!  
I also took them with me to my doctor's appointment and they were really good despite waiting an extra hour in the waiting room because of the doctor being a bit behind.  Everything looked good, even my blood pressure and I was shocked considering even my face is swelling now.  She told me to take it easy and become a couch potato.  I know I am strange, but that does not sound appealing to me at all.  I struggled to take it easy this weekend, felt like a lump just sitting around.  I don't want to watch tv all day.  I think I would go nuts.  At least it was a rainy weekend and my husband was there to get onto me when I was up and moving around too long. 
Littlest monkey is not even close to coming, he is still flipping around like crazy.  I felt the hiccups up top again this morning so I am pretty sure he is breech today.  What is it with my babies just not cooperating?!!?  So if this is the case, 4 weeks from today we will have our littlest monkey making his way into the world.  I am very excited and anxious at the same time.  You would think third time around would be blah, NOT AT ALL!!   


Connie Weiss said...

Four weeks! It is so hard to stay off your feet when there is so much to do.

I could never have been one of those folks that have to be on bed rest!

Take care of yourself!

Lori said...

I'm not much for laying around all day either. Last time I took a week off work before my son was due and I was bored out of my mind, this time around I am scheduled a 12 hour shift 2 days before my due date.
Of course I don't exactly have the energy you do, crazy girl doing a 5k at the end of the month.