Friday, August 28, 2009

Stuck at work

I have to complain about being stuck at work on a Friday.  I don't usually work on Fridays so this is like torture for me.  I have been staring at ALL of the crap/clutter in my office and it is making me anxious.  So I have been getting up every few minutes and throwing stuff away.  I can't even tell I have done anything.  I don't understand where all of the crap came from!
The nanny brought the boys by to see me, so it was nice.  I love showing the monkeys off to people.  

Last night I found my voice again (figuratively speaking of course).  I seem to have lost it some time ago between diapers and work and whatever else going on at the time.  But I have found it and I think my friends in real life will be happy to hear that.  I know I am.  I was loud, I was stern, I was angry, I was heard.  It is a good thing.  I feel empowered again.  I feel like Shanna again.  I am going to fight to keep my voice heard, and I will fight hard.  I have the best support system and they are the reason I found my voice.  And I will use it to shout how thankful I am!

On another note, I am already having "why in heck did you do that" conversations with myself over signing on to do Sarah's shred challenge in September.  That starts Tuesday.  I am already coming up with excuses to get out of it.  Don't worry, I will at least give it the old college try.  You all should too!

3 comments:

Sarahviz said...

Just setting up our blog for the Shred - will you send me your e-mail/twitter info?

Unknown said...

Thank goodness!

Connie said...

YOU CAN DO IT!

I'm sorry you had to work on Friday...that stinks.

So glad you found your voice!! WHoo HOO!