Monday, November 24, 2008

Holiday feeding commences

Let the feeding frenzy begin! We had our Thanksgiving luncheon today at the office and I am feeling quite miserably stuffed. The unfortunate thing is that I really did not care for any of the food! I have to admit that I am not a Thanksgiving dinner kind of gal. I am a vegetarian, so turkey and ham are out and usually dressing (which I can't stand anyway) because it is made with chicken broth or whatever. I don't like pumpkin pie, green bean casserole, pecan pie, or any of those "salads" or casseroles with weird stuff in them and noodles that are meant to be warm and not cold, at least in my world. I like sweet potato casserole, but only if it is made with fresh sweet potatoes and it does not make your teeth feel like they are going to rot out. I know, I am picky. I was looking forward to the macaroni and cheese someone had signed up to make. Only, she decided to bring corn instead because someone had written macaroni casserole down later and they thought it would be the same. WRONG! It was one of those weird casseroles with strange things included. I was disappointed.
Why is it that people can not follow the sign up sheet? We must have had 4 different people bring green bean casserole and only one signed up for it. She made a good one though that had sour cream instead of cream of mushroom soup. I will be getting that recipe for sure.
I made cinnamon rolls, homemade thanks to Rachael posting her recipe for rolls/bread/cinnamon rolls. There was some hard work put into those things, but they are so yummy! I used a cream cheese icing and it really went over well.
So here I sit, miserable and happy to be in expandable pants!! It has not kept me from nibbling on this piece of chocolate cake sitting next to me!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh I wish you lived closer, I'd invite you over for some "sam's chicken" (vegetarian chicken chunks soaked in buttermilk then breaded and fried, which is to die for) and some vegetarian cornbread stuffing.
I love thanksgiving food and I am quite excited about the expandable pants I will be wearing.

Sarahviz said...

Will you send me that recipe when you get it? For the green bean casserole using sour cream??? I may make that instead of my old standby w/ cream of mushroom soup.

Lacy Rose said...

Hmmm... well I am a fan of the stuff your face kind of Thanksgiving. lol.

What did you eat then?