Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The new year

Back to work this week and feeling the pain of having a lot of time off to enjoy life and being back at work with absolutely no desire to be here!
The monkeys had a wonderful Christmas, well we all did thanks to the monkeys and their pure innocent enjoyment of the holiday. I think that we all had a better Christmas because of how excited they were. One gift from my parents was a pack of new Cars sheets. Big monkey thought they were pull ups and went on and on about how excited he was and that he always wanted some more pull ups! So cute. We had a great time in Atlanta. It went quickly. I was spoiled by not really doing anything. I got everything I wanted, including egg salad sandwiches. My husband is enjoying his new chair as far as I can tell. Little monkey loves to sit in it too.

We had some great friends over for New Year's Eve. Kids and all, we had a good time. Some of us had a bit harder of a time staying up, but the kids seemed to run through the house the entire night! Of course we ate our cabbage cooked with silver coins in it on new year's day. It was yummy, we had to force/bribe the boys to eat it but they did and it made me happy.

I spent a lot of time going through my house and trying to get some more organization to it. Nesting has kicked in and I am throwing things out as fast as I can. I am in the process of looking for some sort of storage solution for the monkeys' toys. I should have thought about that before I started my new budget system. I am hoping my husband can really stick to the budget system in place. I have goals. When I look at the end result it makes me so excited! I just have to get us there. Well, WE have to get us there. And we will, eventually. I would like to even get the house paid off. That would be amazing. And it is very doable.

Hubby starts school again next week. I think he is taking two classes. I really hate to see the bill for the books. I just hope he appreciates all of our sacrifices (once again!!)!! I know he does and I am more than happy to suck it up for him to finally get his degree finished and hopefully get into something he likes. It will just be nice once that happens!

We are putting the rental house up for sale by owner in a couple of weeks. I will be praying very hard that the house sells, I cringe every time I think about that thing. We have an offer in for the business. I think we are supposed to hear back today on the counter offer we gave them last week. Cross your fingers that it goes through and it is decent enough and this guy can get financing. It makes me nervous, but it needs to be done.

On a lighter note, Mardi Gras season is pretty much just around the corner. I came back to a bunch of emails about our ball and parade and am so excited. I wish I could ride this year, and I could right now, but not in 6 weeks!! Littlest monkey, with no name yet, has become incredibly active in the past week. I am happy to report that he is mostly active during the day and I hope to keep it that way with hopes he will be a good sleeper! HA HA

1 comment:

Lori said...

It's only been 1 year and I already feel like my house is overpopulated with toys. I've got to get control of it fast! It will only get worse with 2 kids I'm sure. So let me know if you find any cool toy organizing things.
And if the baby's wake/sleep cycle is similar out of the belly as in the belly, I'm in for a lot of sleepless nights in a few months. Well 80 days to be exact, but who's counting.