Monday, February 9, 2009

If you are sick stay home

I don't understand inconsiderate coworkers who come to work sick. A common cold is one thing, these can seem just pesky sometimes and I can understand not wanting to waste a sick day. How about bronchitis?! Don't you think maybe you should stay home if you have a raging case of bronchitis and a sinus infection!?!?! Especially if there are pregnant people who work with you - and I am not the only one. Is bronchitis contagious. The quick amount of research I did (via internet of course) said it came along with a virus. Well being that I do have some biology courses under my belt, I know that viruses can be contagious. Bronchitis causes coughing, coughing causes your germed up saliva to be spread, germed up saliva gets on things and gets people sick! So please do not go to the doctor in the morning and get your shot/antiobiotics/cough meds and then come to work directly after your appointment looking and sounding like crap. Go home and get some rest, you deserve it. Some of us really should not take anything for illness (mostly I prefer not to take anything except my doctor recommended tums or tylenol when needed). Have some common courtesy.
I can totally understand the dilemma of not wanting to take time off work. Some of us are saving our sick and vacation to spend at home with new babies.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I always hated that. I always caught whatever was going around. And now hubby brings illnesses home from his job to us!