Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Slow connection

The Internets here at work is working at a snail's pace. I don't understand. Is Gustav messing with our heads already?!?! I am praying HARD Gustav will spontaneously combust or something so no one has to worry about it, especially over the holiday weekend. My parents are coming down this weekend and I was really looking forward to it, but it seems they will be helping us get ready to hunker down. That sucks.

I have a strange cough. A friend suggested it might be kennel cough, not sure how to take that! She works at a vet office so I am going to chalk it up to taking too many stool samples from cats and dogs. Some kind of worm may have invaded her brain. Anyway, my cough is making my voice go away. This is not good when I need to regularly shout at the monkeys.

Soccer practice on Monday went really well. I am getting a hang of this assistant coaching and big monkey is really enjoying it all. He did chase one dragonfly into another team's practice area and was showing everyone his forward rolls and headstands, but also really impressed the other coaches with his skills. Little monkey had fun too, he was sure to stay out of the way of the big kids kicking the ball into the net this time. Our next meeting is our fist game on the 6th. It is going to be fun and interesting!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Kennel cough??? Lucky for you, I don't even think that's possible!

Hope the Internets speed up and you get your voice all back soon.

Christy said...

We have a cold going around our town. All the school kids have it and to be honest I might have infected you at Target, lol. It always hits about the second week of school and right now I feel like my head is underwater. I hope you get better!

Lacy Rose said...

I hope you guys are doing OK! I heard on the radio this morning that you all had tornados and high winds from Gustav!