Monday, October 27, 2008

Another good weekend

We have finally cooled off a bit here on the Gulf Coast. It was a gorgeous weekend and I even got to wear long pants without sweating to death.
Unfortunately, I was in the WORST mood ever on Saturday, and for no particular reason. Incredibly hormonal is all I can figure. I wanted to scream, or kick, or cry, or run away all day. My poor monkeys. They were so good. I was very aware of my bad mood so I tried to explain to the monkeys that I was cranky and sorry if I yelled or snapped at them. They seemed to get it and tried their best to behave and be sweet to their cranky mommy. We did well, until I had the bright idea of taking them to mass Saturday evening when they had no nap and I was a royal witch. We ended up leaving during communion (I never do this) and they lost their trains for a day and tv for a week - this sounds bad but they only watch tv a couple of hours a week, if that.
Big monkey played his little heart out at his last soccer game of the season. I was so proud, he very nearly scored a goal. He was very sad afterwards when he realized he was not going to see his team mates again for a long time, if ever. He is such a softy.
We went to the county fair Sunday evening. The monkeys had a blast and it was so fun seeing them in awe over the big rides and all of the lights and people and food! I was so tired at the end of the day, I just wanted to crawl back to the van!
I ran 9 miles Sunday morning and part of that was a hill that was nearly a mile long! It was awful but we did it and did not stop once. I am eager to get the half marathon over with. I want my finisher's shirt and necklace and massage!!
We are going to carve pumpkins tonight or tomorrow night. It is supposed to drop off cold here, really cold for here with lows in the mid 30's. I can't wait. I just need to get the gas turned back on for the heat!

No comments: