Monday, July 28, 2008

Best of both worlds

Why is it that men seem to think that they can have the best of both worlds on everything? (I know this is a generalization). Do their mothers put that unrealistic idea in their heads? If so, I am going to try my hardest to keep that from happening to my boys.

No boys, you can not claim to want a strong willed, independent, equal partner in life and yet tell her she is not fulfilling her "wifely and womanly duties" like a good Southern Baptist wife would.

Not. Happening. End. Topic.

4 comments:

Lacy Rose said...

Hold the phone. For real he said that?
GEEEEZ.
Look what you did. Made an apron. I think that pretty much qualifies as the wife/mom of the year!

Men are just plain dumb.

Sus said...

ooh this makes me mad and I don't even know the context. wait: are there seriously quotes around "wifely and womanly duties?" who SAYS that??

Unknown said...

What?!?! I just want to know why he would say that. If that were the case, you couldn't even dance, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

Shanna said...

Possible reasons for Mr. Monkey's stupid statement:

1. Poor arguing skills.
2. Twisted family life while growing up.
3. Needs prozac (?)