Monday, July 28, 2008

Just call me Martha



Look what I made with my own two little hands, and a sewing machine of course! A cute little apron. I have never sewn anything other than a button by hand, and I string popcorn for my Christmas tree every year, so this is quite an accomplishment for me!! It is the second one I made, the first one will fit a 5 year old. I will need to make some improvements on keeping the stitch line (did I just make that term up?) straight before I can make these for Christmas presents.

The boys picked out the pattern, hence the blue color!

4 comments:

Connie said...

That looks great!!

And a wonderful idea for Christmas presents! Did you use a pattern or just freehand?

Sherry said...

WOW that is great, I think you should have a give away and make me the winner and send me one!

Shanna said...

Thanks! I got the "pattern" from the internet but I had to tweak it because it had much shorter ties and ruffles. So here it is. I have to get MUCH better to even think about a giveaway!

clittlej said...

You've always been my favorite "Martha"