Monday, July 21, 2008

Sucker...



So I did it. I signed big monkey up for soccer on the way home from work on Thursday. I am so excited for him to get out there, he seems to be a natural (not biased or anything here). Only thing is, since his birthday is just past the cut off date the only way he could play on the 4 year old team is for a parent to assistant coach. Yes, those funny/horrific thoughts running through your head are right... I agreed to assistant coach his team!! I have seen soccer games, dated soccer players, love to look at pictures of David Beckham... does that qualify me?!?!?! Apparently it does.

I am SOOOO nervous about this. I usually need time to warm up to people, but there I will be in mid August thrown in with a bunch of 4/5 year olds (and big monkey) to help them learn how to play the great game of soccer. AAAAAHHHHH!!
Funny thing is, I am having more anxiety about big monkey enjoying it all than my lack of coaching skills!

3 comments:

Glowstars said...

They're kids - if you haven't got a clue they won't know the difference. Name drop David Beckham and they'll be so impressed they won't even realise it was in relation to you ogling pics of him!

Maureen Fitzgerald said...

You'll be great! And he'll love it too, especially having mom there to coach.

Sus said...

wow Good Luck! God help me and the whole team if I am ever required to coach anything! I think they'd give me 30 minutes before I was demoted to water girl.